:: Drug and alcohol policy::
Pacific Metal Group Pty Ltd is committed in providing a safe and healthy working environment for all employees and visitors: by eliminating hazards associated with the inappropriate use of alcohol and other drugs. This responsibility is shared by, employees, contractors and subcontractors. Inappropriate use of drugs and/or alcohol by employees or other persons at Pacific Metal Group Pty Ltd workplaces can adversely affect work performance and is a contributing factor to workplace incidents and injuries.
Pacific Metal Group Pty Ltd values their employees and believes that early intervention in the area of drug and alcohol dependency can motivate employees to deal with a situation, which may otherwise jeopardise workplace safety and their employment.
Pacific Metal Group Pty Ltd is committed to:
- Ensuring all employees, contractors, subcontractors, consultants and visitors to the site are informed of the policy, their responsibilities and the consequences of policy breaches;
- Providing education and training in the hazards associated with alcohol and drugs, including prescribed medications, over the counter medication and drugs of abuse in the workplace;
- Providing employees with confidential counseling and assistance to prevent and manage inappropriate use of alcohol and drugs and the associated problems;
- Applying an appropriate testing and screening programme to all employees, contractors, subcontractors, consultants and visitors;
- Maintaining effective procedures for managing alcohol and other drug issues and applying procedures fairly and in a manner consistent with this policy.
Employees, contractors, subcontractors, consultants and visitors shall:
- Agree not to attend work/site under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other performance impairing substance;
- If they are affected by drugs or alcohol they will not be allowed to work/enter the site until they can do so in a safe manner;
- Assessment of the ability of a person to work in a safe manner will be made by site supervisor.
- Where applicable employees, contractors, subcontractors and visitors shall abide by the ‘Drug and Alcohol Policies and Procedures’ which apply for particular projects on which they are engaged.
- Employees, contractors, subcontractors and visitors agree to undergo substance abuse or breathalyse testing at any time. Drugs to be tested include: marijuana, barbiturates, beenzod, lazepines, amphetamines, cocaine, opiates, methadone and alcohol. If detected with any of these substances in their system they shall be forbidden entrance to the workplace and in the case of employees may be summarily dismissed.